H1N1
Sir F. A. Rien
2009-05-02 15:32:45 UTC
The swine flu virus is H1N1. I shudder to imagine what will happen when
virus H2N2 arrives!
Yeah, the prez and the gubmint is trying to make everyone refer to the
Mexiflu as H1N1, and I've seen it called N1H1 in other reports--just
reminds me it is either the heinie virus or the nehi virus! :-)
I'm sticking with Mexiflu, easier, descriptive of the source, plus,
since it's a jumbled up mess of a whole bunch of flus (Jack Bauer, pick
up the white phone in the lobby and see who was mixing those flus
together down in Mexico, Jack Bauer to the white phone!) 'swine' flu
is a misnomer.
Too late for all those poor little piggies in Egypt though! :*(
Typical over reaction - just as our little Timmiee ...
Sir F. A. Rien
2009-05-02 15:33:56 UTC
In article
Tim Bruening
The swine flu virus is H1N1. I shudder to imagine what will happen when
virus H2N2 arrives!
Old = Swine Flu
New = H1N1 = "Heinie Flu"
Heinie sight is perfect ...
Sir F. A. Rien
2009-05-02 15:35:05 UTC
The swine flu virus is H1N1. I shudder to imagine what will happen when
virus H2N2 arrives!
Tim, you're forgetting the last flu scare which was H5N1.
It's just a classification for scientists to keep their head around the
dozens or hundreds of strains of flu virus out there.
Why is the current flu scare H1N1 when the last one was H5N1? Why isn't the
current flu higher than H5N1?
Why don't you try using google for a change? Why do you insist on using this
newsgroup as your own personal search engine? Why are you so irritating? why
do we... etc. etc...
Asking why one flu strain has a lower number than another is just idiotic.
Did it perhaps occur to you that it's done in chronological order? Maybe the
swine flu variant from mexico had been known about for DECADES whereas the
bird flu one was newer?
Try looking it up for a change.
That would require intelligence and interest - much more fun to post and
feel "impotent!"
Sir F. A. Rien
2009-05-02 15:35:42 UTC
The swine flu virus is H1N1.  I shudder to imagine what will happen when
virus H2N2 arrives!
What happens when R2D2 shows up?
We'll see 3 PO'd people.
Sir F. A. Rien
2009-05-02 15:36:42 UTC
The swine flu virus is H1N1. I shudder to imagine what will happen when
virus H2N2 arrives!
Tim, you're forgetting the last flu scare which was H5N1.
It's just a classification for scientists to keep their head around the
dozens or hundreds of strains of flu virus out there.
Why is the current flu scare H1N1 when the last one was H5N1? Why isn't the
current flu higher than H5N1?
Probably has to do with the order they were discovered by scientists? Or
maybe the makeup of the virus. Who knows. <g>
Hey, enter the contest;
Under pressure from pork industry lobbyists, the U.S. has government
has stopped referring to "swine flu," and will instead refer to the
outbreak as the "H1N1 virus." While "swine flu" may have been
misleading--eating pork is not a risk factor for contracting it--H1N1
is a mouthful. The PR move on pork's part was probably necessary, but
it doesn't seem like the new name is going to stick. Here are some
suggestions floating around the web for alternative names.
Bacon's Revenge, North American Influenza, The Pink Death,
Man-Bird-Pig-Flu, and The Flu formerly known as "Swine Flu."
Pure hogwash? Perhaps, but in the words of one TBM staffer, we figured
we'd "throw the slop in the trough for all to pig out upon."
If you've got a better idea, send the new name to
http://www.reuters.com/article/bigMoney/idUS68802868220090430
and while waiting;
Eat well, avoid crowded conditions, wash yo hands, fer christ's sake and
if nearby a cougher/sneezer. turn away, and don't inhale until you do.
And We enjoy a Neti Pot just to keep the pipes open.
Good luck, y'all.
g.
's Whine Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest.
Sir F. A. Rien
2009-05-02 15:37:28 UTC
Even worse than "H1N1"!
Man-Bird-Pig--isn't that the monster Algoracle saw?? LOL!
Nah, that was Man-Bear-Pig.
:)
That's right! My bad. I get those Man-B-Pig things mixed up
so easily! ;-)
Man-Be-Panda, perhaps?
Sir F. A. Rien
2009-05-02 15:38:00 UTC
In article
Here are some suggestions floating around the web for
alternative names.
Bacon's Revenge, North American Influenza, The Pink Death,
Man-Bird-Pig-Flu, and The Flu formerly known as "Swine Flu."
I vote for Captain Trips. (Or Project Blue.)
You're not an illegal, your vote doesn't count!